Southwest Airlines Co (LUV)
26 Jul 2017
WASHINGTON The White House plan to cut transportation spending, privatize air traffic control and scrap long-distance train service is facing strong resistance in Congress .
* Southwest Airlines Co - company continues to estimate its q2 2017 operating revenue per ASM (RASM) will increase in one to two percent range
* Southwest Airlines Co - senior vice president and chief information officer Randy Sloan is leaving company in mid-July
Southwest Airlines Co said it would reduce the number of flights to Cuba, joining other U.S. airlines, as President Donald Trump's Cuba policy continues to restrict Americans traveling to the country.
June 28 Southwest Airlines Co said it would reduce the number of flights to Cuba, joining other U.S. airlines, as President Donald Trump's Cuba policy continues to restrict Americans traveling to the country.
* Press release - Southwest Airlines to consolidate Cuba service with focus on Havana
* To offer new international flights from St. Lauderdale, Nashville, and St. Louis beginning November 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Says increased company's quarterly dividend by 25 percent and authorized a new $2.0 billion share repurchase program
NEW YORK Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc on Monday said it added to its sizable investments in American Airlines Group Inc and Southwest Airlines Co , and shed its stake in Twenty-First Century Fox Inc .
* Berkshire Hathaway Inc ups share stake in American Airlines Group by 8.2 percent to 49.3 million shares