Macy's Inc (M.N)
Home Depot Inc's first-quarter profit and same-store sales topped estimates as customers spent more on expensive items such as appliances and flooring and roofing materials. | Video
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct in early trading (Adds details, analyst comment; Updates shares)
* Shares hit record high at $160.83 (Adds details from conference call, updates shares)
NEW YORK/BOSTON, May 15 Following are some of the hot stocks and sectors in which hedge fund managers either took new positions or exited existing positions in the first quarter.
WASHINGTON, May 12 U.S. retail sales increased broadly in April while consumer prices rebounded, pointing to a pickup in economic growth and a gradual rise in inflation that could keep the Federal Reserve on track to raise interest rates next month.
Nordstrom Inc on Thursday became the latest department store operator after Macy's and Kohl's to report weaker-than-expected quarterly same-store sales, underscoring the industry's struggle to attract customers amid a slump in demand for apparel and a shift to shopping online.
* Macy's shares hit 6-yr low in regular trade, weigh on rivals (Adds Nordstrom's earnings; updates shares)
* CFO on conf call- international tourists sales declined at about the same rate as Q1 comp sales
* Futures down: Dow 49 pts, S&P 6.75 pts, Nasdaq 19.25 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.35 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
|Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N)||$78.39||-0.10|
|Target Corporation (TGT.N)||$54.19||-0.30|
|Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN.OQ)||$973.40||+1.86|
|Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.OQ)||$7.50||-0.28|
|Kohl's Corporation (KSS.N)||$37.96||+0.17|
|J C Penney Company Inc (JCP.N)||$4.62||+0.00|
|Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN.N)||$41.22||-0.33|
|Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY.OQ)||$34.71||+0.01|
|Dillard's, Inc. (DDS.N)||$49.75||+0.50|
|Bon-Ton Stores Inc (BONT.OQ)||$0.59||+0.01|