Marriott International Inc (MAR.O)
26 Jun 2017
NEW YORK U.S. President Donald Trump's rollback on his predecessor's liberalization of travel to Cuba will all but eliminate a burgeoning market for independent tourism, forcing would-be visitors into organized trips, experts said.
Marriott International Inc Chief Executive Arne Sorenson on Thursday urged the Trump administration to improve relations with post-Castro Cuba and recognize tourism as a strategic tool in the effort.
* Marriott's CEO Arne Sorenson says "urge the trump administration to recognize and utilize travel as a strategic tool in its efforts to improve relations with cuba"
June 11 Abdulmohsen Al Hokair Group For Tourism And Development Co:
June 11 Abdulmohsen Al Hokair Group for Tourism and Development
* Marriott's new mobile app to feature big review TV video content
* Marriott - expects to grow its collection brands by nearly 50% by 2019. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Marriott, on June 1, Carey Watermark Investors 2 acquired Charlotte Marriott City Center hotel for about $170 mln from Co's unit
* Marriott - on June 1, Carey Watermark Investors 2 Incorporated acquired Charlotte Marriott City Center Hotel for about $170 million from co's unit
BRIEF-Marriott says stronger demand in North America, Europe, Asia drive 2017 RevPAR forecast raise - Conf call
* Marriott says stronger demand in north america, europe and asia was one of the factors that drove 2017 revpar forecast raise - conf call
Marriott International Inc , the world's largest hotel chain, reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit, driven by higher room rates and occupancy.