Manulife Financial Corp (MFC_pd.TO)
7 Mar 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$39,375.99|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,848.64|
* Fourth-quarter profits surge, Manulife misses estimates
* TSX rises 23.36 points, or 0.17 percent, to 13,923.85 * Six of the 10 main index sectors advance * Teck, Cenovus, Manulife, Bombardier drop after results * Barrick, Goldcorp climb despite reporting losses By John Tilak TORONTO, Feb 13 - Canada's main stock index was up for an eighth day in an earnings-driven session on Thursday as strength in shares of Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc offset a string of disappointing quarterly results. Sharp declines in Tec
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Manulife Financial Corp : * CFO says reducing leverage a higher priority than raising dividend, says
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Canada's main stock index fell on Thursday after seven straight sessions of gains, weighed by sharp declines in Manulife Financial Corp and Bombardier Inc after the two companies reported disappointing quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 57.94 points, or 0.42 percent, at 13,842.55 shortly after the open.
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Manulife Financial Corp reported a 20 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit as stronger mutual fund sales and a C$350 million gain on the sale of its Taiwan insurance business offset weaker insurance sales, but results still fell short of estimates.
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Manulife Financial Corp on Thursday reported a 20 percent rise in fourth-quarter profit as Canada's largest life insurer booked a C$350 million gain on the sale of its Taiwan insurance business last year.
* TSX falls 208.74 points, or 1.52 percent, to 13,486.20 * All of 10 main index sectors decline * Manulife has market's biggest negative influence * Teck slips after miner reports spill By John Tilak TORONTO, Feb 3 - Canada's main stock index dropped to a one-month low on Monday as weak economic data from China and the United States made investors more circumspect about the global economic recovery, sending shares in every major sector lower. A report showed t
* TSX falls 215.21 points, or 1.54 percent, at 13,717.76 * Index down 1.2 percent this week * Eight of 10 main index sectors decline * Manulife has biggest negative influence on market By John Tilak TORONTO, Jan 24 - Canada's main stock index recorded its biggest single-day drop in seven months on Friday as fears over growth in China and expectations that the U.S. Federal Reserve will scale back its stimulus program next week hit emerging-market assets and dented i
* TSX rises 54.32 points, or 0.40 percent, to 13,746.70 * Nine of the 10 main index sectors advance * Manulife the biggest positive influence on key index * Magna up after sales forecast By John Tilak TORONTO, Jan 15 - Canada's main stock index advanced broadly on Wednesday after the World Bank issued a brighter outlook for global economic growth, a development that would benefit the export-oriented Canadian stock market. The World Bank raised its forecast for
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, January 14 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC) and its primary insurance related operating subsidiaries' ratings, including The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (MLI) and John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.) (JHUSA). A full list of rating actions follows at the end of this release. At the same time, the Rating Outlook was revised to Stable from Negative for all ratings. Fitch
|Metlife Inc (MET.N)||$53.15||+0.78|
|Metlife Inc (MET_pa.N)||$22.28||-0.15|
|Metlife Inc (MLG.N)||$25.57||+0.17|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc. (GWO.TO)||$30.21||+0.01|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc. (GWO_pe.TO)||--||--|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc. (GWO_px.TO)||--||--|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc. (GWO_pf.TO)||$25.35||+0.01|
|Great-West Lifeco Inc. (GWO_pi.TO)||$21.73||-0.07|
|Power Financial Corp (PWF.TO)||$34.83||+0.29|
|Industrial Alliance Insur. & Fin. Ser. (IAG.TO)||$45.22||-0.36|