Markel Corp (MKL.N)
26 Apr 2017
April 18 Markel International Singapore, subsidiary of U.S.-based Markel Corp, appointed Colin Fordham as a senior marine liability underwriter.
* Markel Canada has acquired 50% of Allsport Insurance Marketing Ltd that it did not already own Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
March 21 Insurer Markel International Ltd, a unit of Markel Corp, appointed Monica Novella as assistant cargo underwriter in its marine, energy and property business.
* Markel Corp says during q1 of 2017, it expects to increase prior years' loss reserves for its run-off book of uk motor exposures
* Markel Corp - book value per common share outstanding of $606.30 at December 31, 2016, up 8pct from $561.23 at December 31, 2015
Feb 7 Insurer Markel International Ltd, a subsidiary of U.S.-based holding company Markel Corp, appointed Warren Towner as head of underwriting management and reinsurance placement.
* Following acquisition, SureTec will operate as a separate business unit
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO/LONDON, November 15 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the 'A+' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings for Markel Corporation's (NYSE: MKL) principal property and casualty insurance (P/C) subsidiaries. Fitch has also affirmed the following ratings for MKL: --Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A-'; --Senior unsecured notes at 'BBB+'. The Rating Outlook is Stable. A complete list of ratings follows at the end of this release.
* Markel - underwriting results for quarter adversely impacted by unfavorable development on medical malpractice and specified medical product lines