Altria Group Inc (MO)
19 Jan 2017
As tobacco and vaping companies focus on new smoking products that are potentially less harmful, the industry sees an opening for rolling back rules on these products under the Trump administration.
Jan 18 As tobacco and vaping companies focus on new smoking products that are potentially less harmful, the industry sees an opening for rolling back rules on these products under the Trump administration.
* Reports 2016 third-quarter and nine-month results; reaffirms 2016 full-year earnings guidance
* Says Altria now has about 10.2 percent ownership of AB InBev
LONDON British American Tobacco has offered to buy out U.S. cigarette maker Reynolds American Inc in a $47 billion takeover that would create the world's biggest listed tobacco company with brands including Newport, Lucky Strike and Pall Mall. | Video
* Altria becomes significant shareholder in Anheuser-Busch InBev; revises 2016 full-year earnings guidance
LONDON/BRUSSELS SABMiller shareholders overwhelmingly backed the brewer's $100 billion-plus takeover by Anheuser-Busch InBev on Wednesday, clearing the last big hurdle for one of the largest corporate mergers in history.
* AB InBev targeting at least $1.4 bln in cost savings (Adds comments from executives, shareholder)
LONDON, Sept 28 SABMiller shareholders approved the brewer's takeover by rival Anheuser-Busch InBev on Wednesday, paving the way for one of the biggest proposed mergers in history.
* Will record a one-time, pre-tax charge against reported earnings in Q3 of 2016 of approximately $825 million, or $0.28 per share
|Tutunski Kombinat AD Prilep (TKPR.MKE)||--||--|
|Lorillard LLC (LO.N)||--||--|
|Reynolds American, Inc. (RAI.N)||$58.58||+0.58|
|British American Tobacco plc (BATS.L)||4,756.50||+22.50|
|Imperial Brands PLC (IMB.L)||3,578.50||+21.00|
|Philip Morris International Inc. (PM.N)||$93.85||+0.36|
|Japan Tobacco Inc (2914.T)||¥3,764||+27.00|
|Altadis SA (ALT.MC)||--||--|