Merck KGaA (MRCG.DE)
23 Jun 2017
(This June 23 story corrects second paragraph to show that the recommendation is to approve the relapsing forms, not the relapsing-remitting form of MS.)
FRANKFURT, June 23 Germany's Merck KGaA has won a key recommendation to become a late entrant to the market for oral multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs in Europe, six years after its first attempt to launch the cladribine pill failed.
* EU Medicines Agency recommends approval of Merck KGAA multiple sclerosis drug
BRIEF-Effector Therapeutics to collaborate with Pfizer and Merck to evaluate immuno-oncology combination in microsatellite stable colorectal cancer
* Effector Therapeutics to collaborate with Pfizer and Merck KGAA to evaluate a novel immuno-oncology combination in microsatellite stable colorectal cancer
* Awarded first CRISPR patent by Australian patent office Further company coverage:
FRANKFURT, June 12 Germany's Merck KGaA said its forecast of 2 billion euros ($2.24 billion) in 2022 sales from drugs under development was above the analyst consensus mainly because of the underrated potential of cancer drug avelumab and multiple sclerosis treatment cladribine.
* Strengthens immuno-oncology portfolio through expansion of F-star collaboration including LAG-3/PD-L1 bispecific antibody- new strategic collaboration to develop and commercialize bispecific immuno-oncology antibodies
FRANKFURT Merck KGaA's sales of liquid crystals used in flat-screen TVs are now expected to decline this year, making the German company more reliant on its new cancer immunotherapy drug to fuel growth.
* Sees 2017 adjusted earnings of 4.4 bln-4.6 bln euros (Adds analyst, CFO quotes, details on crystals, cancer drug)
* CFO says seeing no signs of weakening demand at life science division