Merck KGaA (MRCG.DE)
FRANKFURT Merck KGaA's sales of liquid crystals used in flat-screen TVs are now expected to decline this year, making the German company more reliant on its new cancer immunotherapy drug to fuel growth.
* Sees 2017 adjusted earnings of 4.4 bln-4.6 bln euros (Adds analyst, CFO quotes, details on crystals, cancer drug)
* CFO says seeing no signs of weakening demand at life science division
FRANKFURT, May 18 German's Merck KGaA said first-quarter adjusted core earnings rose 14.5 percent, shored up by strong demand for its biotech lab supplies and inflated by an advance drug license payment.
* Merck's Glucophage® sustained release formulation, metformin, receives label extension for patients at high risk of type 2 diabetes in UK
FRANKFURT Germany's Merck KGaA is considering shifting its chemicals, healthcare and biotech supplies operations into separate subsidiaries next year to better manage its diversified businesses.
* Aim would be to enhance running of diversified operations (Adds detail, rationale, spokesman)
FRANKFURT, May 16 Germany's Merck KGaA said it was looking into shifting its diversified chemicals and healthcare businesses into separate subsidiaries next year. "The internal processes and structures shall be orientated more consequently towards the continuing growth dynamic of the sectors," the family-controlled group said in a statement on Tuesday.
* Says European Commission grants approval for Merck’s new Pergoveris pen for fertility treatment Further company coverage:
U.S. health regulators on Tuesday granted accelerated approval for Pfizer Inc's immuno-oncology drug Bavencio to treat advanced bladder cancer, marking the second approval in less than two months for the treatment developed along with Germany's Merck KGaA.