Marathon Oil Corp (MRO)
24 Mar 2017
Marathon Oil Corp said on Tuesday it bought additional acreage in the Permian basin for about $700 million, the company's second purchase in less than two weeks as it focuses on higher-margin, lower-cost U.S. assets.
March 21 Marathon Oil Corp said on Tuesday it bought additional acreage in the Permian basin for about $700 million, the company's second purchase in less than two weeks as it focuses on higher-margin, lower-cost U.S. assets. The about 21,000 acres, situated in the Northern Delaware basin of New Mexico, was acquired from Black Mountain Oil & Gas and other private players, the company said.
* Marathon Oil announces $700 million Northern Delaware acquisition
* United States Steel - on March 10, 2017 co announced intent to permanently close No. 6 Quench & Temper mill at Lorain tubular operations in lorain, ohio
HOUSTON Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday dismissed a recent string of major oil companies selling their holdings in the heavy oil sands of Western Canada and moving investments to shale fields.
* MRO expects to recognize after-tax non-cash charges in range of approximately $4.8 billion to $5.0 billion in q1 of 2017
* Marathon Oil announces $2.5 billion Canadian Oil Sands divestiture and $1.1 billion Permian basin acquisition
* Marathon Oil appoints Dane Whitehead executive vice president and chief financial officer
* United States Steel Corp CEO Longhi on CNBC says need a fair playing field against China
* Has filed a Writ of Mandamus against Minnesota Pollution Control Agency