Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS)
* Maruti Suzuki to set up a "Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing in Mehsana, Gujarat
* Says October total sales of 133,793 vehicles versus 134,209 vehicles last year
* Q2 net profit 24 bln rupees vs 17.9 bln expected by analysts
Oct 27 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, India's biggest-selling automaker, on Thursday posted a 60 percent rise in second-quarter net profit, beating analyst estimates, helped by higher volumes and lower expenses.
* Consensus forecast for Sept quarter net profit was 17.92 billion rupees
* 33,800 Baleno cars have been exported across the world Source Text: http://bit.ly/2dntDMv Further company coverage:
NEW DELHI, Oct 1 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's vehicle sales in September: Sept. 2016 Sept. 2015 Pct change TOTAL SALES 149,143 113,759 31.1 DOMESTIC SALES 137,321 106,083 29.4 PASSENGER CARS 105,236 87,916 19.7 EXPORTS 11,822 7,676 54 NOTE: Maruti Suzuki, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , is India's largest carmaker by sales. (Reporting by Aditya Kalra; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
* Attains cumulative exports of 1.5 million vehicles Source text: http://bit.ly/2cLtKxV Further company coverage: (Bengaluru newsroom)
NEW DELHI Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , India's top-selling car maker, posted on Tuesday a forecast-beating 23 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, as higher sales offset the adverse impact of an unfavorable foreign exchange rate.
* Q1 net profit 14.86 bln rupees vs 12.39 bln expected by analysts