Newmont Mining Corp (NEM)
18 Aug 2017
TORONTO With a plump $3.1 billion pile of cash, Newmont Mining Corp is mulling a sweeter dividend to attract a broader shareholder base, a move that makes it an outlier in the still recovering gold sector.
TORONTO, Aug 9 With a plump $3.1 billion pile of cash, Newmont Mining Corp is mulling a sweeter dividend to attract a broader shareholder base, a move that makes it an outlier in the still recovering gold sector.
Newmont Mining Corp handily beat quarterly profit estimates on Tuesday as production improved, more than offsetting the impact of lower realized gold prices, lifting the miner's shares as much as 7.7 percent to a five-month high.
* Shares up as much as 7.7 pct, hit 5-mth high (Adds details from conference call, updates shares)
* Q2 revenue $1.875 billion versus i/b/e/s view $1.77 billion
July 25 Newmont Mining Corp, the world's second-biggest gold producer by market value, reported a 60 percent jump in adjusted quarterly profit on Tuesday, as production improved.
* Announced it retired $575 million of principal under its 1.625 pct convertible senior notes due July 15, 2017
* Evrim Resources Corp says signing of a two-year exploration alliance agreement with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corp
* Shore gold announces acquisition from newmont to consolidate star-orion south diamond project and earn-in with rio tinto
* Newmont Mining Corp - on June 14, Newmont USA received a verbal order by an MSHA inspector - SEC filing
|Gold Fields Limited (GFIJ.J)||5,658.00||+210.00|
|Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX.N)||$14.23||+0.04|
|Barrick Gold Corp (ABX.TO)||$21.56||+0.20|
|AngloGold Ashanti Limited (ANGJ.J)||13,418.00||+383.00|
|Goldcorp Inc. (G.TO)||$16.63||-0.07|
|Newcrest Mining Limited (NCM.AX)||$21.61||-0.19|
|Yamana Gold Inc. (YRI.TO)||$3.50||+0.03|
|Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM.TO)||$60.37||+0.75|