Nike Inc (NKE)
13 Jan 2017
Nike Inc , the world's largest footwear maker, reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit, and indicated a rebound in its basketball category.
* Nike Inc announces 13 percent increase in quarterly dividend
BERLIN German sportswear firm Puma reported strong third-quarter profits on Thursday, due to tight cost controls, improved sourcing and higher prices, and said its full-year operating profit should come in at the top end of its expectations.
* Strong U.S. sales in last 8-10 weeks - CEO (Adds comments by CEO, share price reaction)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.11 pct, S&P 0.25 pct, Nasdaq 0.21 pct (Updates to early afternoon)
* Company still pursuing higher bids (Recasts, adds comments from former chairman, time frame for sale)
TORONTO/NEW YORK Performance Sports Group Ltd , the maker of Bauer hockey gear, is preparing to file for bankruptcy in the United States and Canada as early as Sunday evening, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Apple says 'Apple Watch Nike+' will be available Friday, October 28
* files for potential two-part dollar-denominated notes offering; size undisclosed - SEC filing Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2ehkiRO) Further company coverage:
LONDON Chelsea announced on Thursday a long-term partnership with Nike from next year in a deal that media reports suggested could be worth 60 million pounds ($74.61 million) a season.