Nokia Corp (NOK.N)
21 Feb 2017
* Nokia and Intel launch 5G acceleration labs in U.S. and Finland to help operators bring 5G innovations to market
* the board Of directors of Comptel posts a statement regarding the voluntary public tender offer by Nokia
In the latest sign that Blackberry Ltd will be aggressively monetizing its patent portfolio, the struggling Canadian smartphone pioneer sued Nokia on Tuesday for infringing patents considered essential to wireless communications technology.
* Nokia chief financial officer Kristian Pullola tells a conference call: "We like this (Comptel) type of bolt-on deals and we will be looking at them also going forward"
HELSINKI Finnish telecoms equipment maker Nokia said on Thursday it is seeking to buy local company Comptel for 347 million euros ($370 million), as mobile operators increasingly rely on software to make their networks more intelligent.
* Network maker says aims to build "standalone software business"
* Nokia announces its intention to acquire Comptel to advance its software strategy; launches a recommended cash tender offer for all the shares and option rights in Comptel
HELSINKI, Feb 9 Network equipment maker Nokia said on Thursday it has agreed to buy another Finnish company, Comptel, for about 347 million euros ($370 million) to expand its software business.
* Nokia and Energia Communications sign distributor agreement for gGfast fixed ultra-broadband access technology in Japan Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Novo Nordisk, Deutsche Bank among top losers after poor results
|LG Electronics Inc. (066570.KS)||₩62,900.00||+800.00|
|LG Electronics Inc. (066575.KS)||₩28,100.00||+350.00|
|Motorola Solutions Inc (MSI.N)||$80.15||+0.84|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS)||₩1,965,000.00||+18,000.00|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005935.KS)||₩1,559,000.00||+11,000.00|
|Sony Corp (6758.T)||¥3,535||+14.00|
|Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERICb.ST)||55.55kr||--|
|Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (ERICa.ST)||56.50kr||+1.95|
|Apple Inc. (AAPL.OQ)||$136.70||+0.98|
|Garmin Ltd. (GRMN.OQ)||$50.45||-0.36|