Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC)
30 Aug 2016
* On July 29, board amended bylaws to permit shareholders to place nominees for director on NS's proxy materials for annual meeting Source - http://bit.ly/2aHl7Vc Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
* Sets regular quarterly dividend of $0.59 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
CHICAGO Norfolk Southern Corp , the No. 4 U.S. railroad, on Wednesday reported a lower quarterly net profit due to a 7 percent drop in freight volumes, but the results just exceeded market expectations because of cost cutting and efficiency measures.
CHICAGO, July 27 Norfolk Southern Corp, the No. 4 U.S. railroad, on Wednesday reported a lower quarterly net profit due to a 7 percent drop in freight volumes, but the results just exceeded market expectations because of cost cutting and efficiency measures.
* Q2 earnings per share view $1.35 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
CHICAGO, July 27 Norfolk Southern Corp, the No. 4 U.S. railroad, on Wednesday reported a higher quarterly net profit, citing a 7 percent drop in freight volumes led by a precipitous decline in coal.
* Is restructuring its Pocahontas Land Corporation and Pocahontas Development Corporation subsidiaries, effective immediately
* Files for potential senior notes offering; size not disclosed - SEC filing
BRIEF-Norfolk southern Entered into an agreement establishing a 5-year, $750 million, unsecured revolving credit facility
* Entered into an agreement establishing a 5-year, $750 million, unsecured revolving credit facility
CHICAGO The top executive of Norfolk Southern Corp said the railroad was on track to achieve its planned savings target of $200 million this year and that the No. 4 U.S. railroad could further trim capital spending if freight volumes remain weak.
|CSX Corporation (CSX.OQ)||$28.49||+0.11|
|Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP.TO)||$203.00||+1.57|
|Kansas City Southern (KSU.N)||$96.92||-1.26|
|Kansas City Southern (KSU_p.N)||$28.00||-0.49|
|Pioneer Railcorp (PRRR.PK)||$7.60||--|
|Canadian National Railway Company (CNR.TO)||$85.02||-0.10|
|J B Hunt Transport Services Inc (JBHT.OQ)||$80.62||+0.04|
|Union Pacific Corporation (UNP.N)||$95.85||-0.21|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider : Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Trading Report for (NSC). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider : Stock Traders Daily
Provider : New Constructs, LLC
"The Economy Matters" Report for NSC: the economy's impact on NSC's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider : MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider : ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.