Procter & Gamble Co (PG)
24 Feb 2017
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - For Nelson Peltz and his big investment in Procter & Gamble, the timing could be as important as the strategy. The pushy investor's Trian disclosed a $3.5 billion position in the Tide-to-Crest conglomerate on Tuesday, but not any proposals. Whatever he has in mind, consumer stocks like P&G are well positioned for a tougher economic environment.
* Futures: Dow up 2 pts, S&P down 5 pts, Nasdaq down 9.75 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Futures: Dow up 19 pts, S&P down 1.25 pts, Nasdaq down 0.25 pts
* Soros Fund Management dissolves share stake in Nordstrom - SEC filing
* Takes stake in Procter & Gamble of 6.4 million shares - SEC filing Source text for quarter ended Dec. 31, 2016: http://bit.ly/2lNsZGt Source text for quarter ended Sept. 30, 2016: http://bit.ly/2lNzjxS
* Coty Inc reports second quarter fiscal 2017 results, the first quarter after successful completion of the merger with P&G Beauty Business
* Dow down 0.29 pct, S&P down 0.22 pct, Nasdaq up 0.14 pct (Updates to open)
* Futures: Dow down 48 pts, S&P down 3.25 pts, Nasdaq up 1.5 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, due to a slump in demand for its fragrances and color cosmetics, and said the slowdown in revenue would continue in the current quarter.
Nov 9 Beauty products maker Coty Inc reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, due to a slump in demand for its fragrances and color cosmetics, and said the slowdown in revenue would continue in the current quarter.
|Kimberly Clark Corp (KMB.N)||$133.66||-0.68|
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$122.73||+1.03|
|Unilever N.V. (UNc.AS)||€44.48||+0.12|
|Unilever N.V. (UNIA.AS)||€44.26||-0.01|
|Unilever N.V. (UN_pa.AS)||€989.00||--|
|Unilever N.V. (UN_p.AS)||€87.00||--|
|Unilever N.V. (UN_pb.AS)||--||--|
|Unilever plc (ULVR.L)||3,773.00||+4.50|
|L'Oreal SA (OREP.PA)||€175.55||-1.35|
|Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL.N)||$73.35||-1.09|