Puma SE (PUMG.DE)
29 May 2017
BERLIN German sportswear firm Puma has seen such strong demand for products promoted by celebrities like model Cara Delevingne and Canadian rapper The Weeknd that its supply chain is racing to keep up, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
* CEO says not heard anything about Kering considering a sale of Puma, but "you need to ask them" Further company coverage: (Reporting by Frankfurt Newsroom)
BERLIN, April 25 German sportswear firm Puma reported strong first quarter sales growth in the Americas and Europe on Tuesday, driven by demand for sneakers like suede shoes designed by singer Rihanna.
FRANKFURT German sporting goods maker Puma lifted its profit and sales guidance for 2017 after posting strong first-quarter earnings in a surprise release on Wednesday that looked set to lift its shares 2.5 percent at market open.
* Publishes preliminary results for the first quarter 2017 and raises full-year guidance for 2017
* Said on Sunday PUMA and French Ligue 1 football club Olympique de Marseille had announced an official long-term partnership
PARIS French luxury and sports brand group Kering delivered a rise in 2016 profits and sales on Friday that surpassed expectations, driven by the revival of its biggest brand, Gucci, and strong sales at fashion house Yves Saint Laurent.
* Forecast for high single digit sales growth in 2017 (Adds CEO comments from news conference)
* Puma CEO says has no indication that Kering is planning to sell stake Further company coverage: (Reporting by Frankfurt Newsroom)