Rio Tinto Ltd (RIO.AX)
26 May 2017
* Agreement provides a new recurring revenue stream for Novatti Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SYDNEY Mining giant Rio Tinto Ltd said on Sunday it paid $4 billion in taxes and royalties globally in 2016, a 12 percent drop on 2015 that primarily reflected lower earnings.
* United Steelworkers - Members of United Steelworkers (USW) local 392 in Salt Lake City, Utah, ratified a new five-year contract with Rio Tinto
* Signed a conditional agreement to acquire 100% of Keras (Gold) Australia Pty Ltd
TOKYO Three global aluminum producers have offered Japanese buyers a premium of $135 per ton for shipments in the April to June quarter, up 42 percent from the previous quarter, three sources directly involved in the pricing talks said on Wednesday.
* Japanese buyers aim at around $120-125/T (Adds details and quotes)
TOKYO, March 8 Three global aluminium producers have offered Japanese buyers a premium of $135 per tonne for shipments in the April to June quarter, up 42 percent from the previous quarter, three sources direcly involved in the pricing talks said on Wednesday.
MANILA Rocketing iron ore prices may prompt Chinese producers to reopen mines shuttered years ago in a sector downturn, potentially tightening the market for marginal foreign suppliers to the world's biggest importing country, industry executives say.
* Says secured a multi-million dollar cloud deal (about USD 2.5 million) from Allegis Group Australia Pty Ltd
* Major producer wants premiums of around $125 per T -sources