RWE AG (RWEG.DE)
* Analysts, investors have pointed to RWE/Uniper tie-up (Adds quote from CEO, context)
* Enel M&A will be in 1-1.5 bln euro range (Adds CEO later comments, analyst, shares)
ESSEN, Germany German utility RWE is considering options including tie-ups with rivals and the sale of a stake in its Innogy business, its chief executive said, raising the prospect for large M&A deals in the crisis-hit sector.
* German utility shares boosted by M&A talk (Adds source saying Engie not interested in minority stake)
PARIS French gas and power group Engie is not interested in making a bid for German energy group Innogy, French BFM TV reported on its website, quoting a source close to Engie.
ESSEN, Germany, March 14 RWE has sold the bulk of its 2018 and 2019 power generation at prices below current wholesale market levels, which bodes ill for power generation margins in coming years, data from the German utility showed in Tuesday's earnings report for 2016.
ESSEN, Germany RWE is constantly assessing strategic options for its business, including potential corporate tie-ups and sales of stakes in its network and renewable unit Innogy , its chief executive told journalists on Tuesday.
European stocks set to snap winning streak, focus on RWE and Innogy - For more see the European equities LiveMarkets blog
LONDON, March 14 Live coverage of European markets now available on cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* Confirms can in principle cut Innogy stake to 51 pct (Adds details on Innogy, CEO comment)
* Engie SA is weighing an offer for RWE AG's German renewable-energy utility Innogy SE - Bloomberg, citing sources