Sherritt International Corp (S.TO)
24 Mar 2017
* Provides an update on Ambatovy Joint Venture waiver extension
* Q4 adjusted loss per share C$0.28 from continuing operations
* Electric cars to account for 16.9 pct of cobalt demand in 2021
LONDON Investors are buying up physical cobalt anticipating that shortages of the metal, a key component of lithium-ion batteries used in electrical cars, will spur prices to their highest levels since the 2008 financial crisis.
* Sherritt announces 2016 production results and 2017 guidance
* Sherritt provides an update on ambatovy joint venture negotiations
Nov 29 Sherritt International Corp cut its full-year production forecast for its joint nickel venture in Cuba following the collapse of a municipal bridge there last week that killed four workers.
* Sherritt - finished nickel production for year now expected to be in range of 32,500 - 33,000 tonnes compared to original guidance of 33,500 - 34,500 tonnes
TORONTO Four workers at a Sherritt International Corp joint venture in Cuba died on Tuesday, when a municipal bridge they were repairing collapsed, the Canadian miner said on Wednesday.
TORONTO, Nov 23 Four workers at a Sherritt International Corp joint venture in Cuba died on Tuesday, when a municipal bridge they were repairing collapsed, the Canadian miner said on Wednesday.