Sears Canada Inc (SCC.TO)
24 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$1,414.06|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||101.88|
* TSX rises 124.67 points, or 0.86 percent, at 14,649.86 * All 10 main index sectors advance * Sears Canada slips after reporting results By John Tilak TORONTO, May 21 - Canada's main stock index climbed on Wednesday after comments from the Federal Reserve assured investors of the central bank's commitment to gradually withdraw support to the U.S. economy and helped drive gains across all major sectors. Fed policymakers last month began to lay groundwork for an eve
* Shares of parent co Sears Holdings falls 4.7 pct (Adds background on Sears Canada and Target, updates share price)
* TSX rises 64.89 points, or 0.45 percent, to 14,590.08 * Nine of the 10 main index sectors advance * Sears Canada steady after reporting results By John Tilak TORONTO, May 21 - Canada's main stock index advanced on Wednesday, boosted by expectations that minutes from the Federal Reserve's latest meeting will show it remains committed to stimulating the U.S. economy and by a rise in oil prices that lifted shares of energy producers. The U.S. central bank was set to
May 21 - Retailer Sears Canada Inc's first-quarter loss more than doubled as sales continued to decline with low demand for spring merchandise.
* Sears to hire investment bank to suggest options for its stake
* TSX down 6.08 points, or 0.04 percent, at 14,673.73 * Six of the 10 main index sectors decline * Sears Canada jumps as parent looks to sell stake By John Tilak TORONTO, May 14 - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Wednesday as a gain for gold miners on higher bullion prices was offset by weakness in the energy sector, while healthcare shares fell with Valeant Pharmaceuticals after it said it would sweeten its takeover offer for Allergan Inc. While di
* TSX up 12 points, or 0.08 percent, at 14,691.81 * Seven of 10 main index sectors decline * Sears Canada jumps after parent company looks to sell majority stake By John Tilak TORONTO, May 14 - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Wednesday as higher commodity prices boosted shares of energy and mining companies, offsetting declines in the financial sector. Investors also digested news that the European Central Bank was preparing a package of policy opti
May 14 - Sears Holdings Corp said it was looking to sell its 51 percent stake in Sears Canada, or could even put the struggling Canadian department store operator up for sale.
TORONTO, April 24 - Department store chain Sears Canada is not actively pursuing any asset sales but would consider opportunities that would "substantially" add value, the company's chief executive said on Thursday.
TORONTO, March 21 - Sears Canada Inc said on Friday it will refund payments or offer alternative services to customers affected by the collapse of SHS Services Management Inc, which provided home-improvement services on behalf of Sears Canada.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Sears Canada Inc: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: MarketLine (a Datamonitor Company)
Provider: Wright Reports
Sears Canada Inc (SCC) Profile and Financials, plus Apparel & Textiles Industry Trends Analysis, Operating Ratios and Financial Averages
Provider: Plunkett Research, Ltd.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.