Shire PLC (SHP.L)
26 May 2017
BRIEF-Xenetic Biosciences receives update from Shire's Phase 1/2 study evaluating SHP656 in development as long-acting treatment for Hemophilia A
* Xenetic Biosciences - receives program update from partner Shire's phase 1/2 study evaluating SHP656 in development as a long-acting treatment for Hemophilia A
Successful late-stage data on Shire Plc's, long-acting preventative treatment for hereditary angioedema (HAE) brings the Dublin-based drugmaker one step closer to U.S. approval, it said on Thursday.
* U.S. shares rise 3.4 pct, UK stock up 1.7 pct (Adds conference call details, analyst comment; updates shares)
* Shire says potential EU marketing submission for lanadelumab is expected to be filed in first half of 2018, pending discussion with the EMA
* Shire's investigational treatment lanadelumab reduces hereditary angioedema monthly attack rate by 87% versus placebo in phase 3 26-week pivotal trial
May 18 Shire Plc said on Thursday its drug for hereditary angioedema (HAE), a disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of severe swelling, was successful in a late-stage study.
LONDON Pharmaceutical group Shire , which bought hemophilia specialist Baxalta last year, reported a better-than-expected 14 percent rise in first-quarter earnings, helped by cost savings and higher sales of its rare disease drugs.
* Shares rise 3 pct to top FTSE 100 index (Adds CEO comments, analyst reaction, updates shares)
LONDON, May 2 Shire, the pharma group that bought haemophilia specialist Baxalta last year, reported a better-than-expected 14 percent rise in first-quarter earnings, helped by higher sales of rare disease drugs and demand for its new dry eye medicine.
* Shire and Parion Sciences enter into a collaborative license agreement to advance p-321 for ophthalmic indications