Shoprite Holdings Ltd (SHPJ.J)
26 May 2017
JOHANNESBURG, April 10 South African retailer Pick n Pay Stores Ltd said on Monday it expects full-year profit to increase between 15 to 20 percent, buoyed by disciplined cost measures and higher productivity in stores.
* Investors cheer Shoprite and BHP H1 profit (Adds stocks, analysts and updates levels)
* Pace of store openings to slow in Nigeria (Adds CEO comment on Nigeria, analyst comment)
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 21 South Africa's Shoprite will open two stores in Nigeria over the next 15 months, down from as many as 13, the retailer's chief executive said, citing lack of retail space in the west African country.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 21 South African retailer Shoprite posted a 15.5 percent jump in half-year profit on Tuesday, buoyed by its operations in Angola and Nigeria.
* Says trading profit up 19.2 pct to 3.907 billion rand For six months ended Dec. 31 2016
JOHANNESBURG South Africa's Steinhoff and grocery retailer Shoprite called off a deal to create an African shopping giant on Monday, preventing leading investor Christo Wiese from bringing more of his retail assets under one roof.
* Shares in Shoprite, Steinhoff rebound (Adds comment from Christo Wiese)
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 20 South African retail leading investor Christo Wiese will keep his stakes in both Steinhoff International and Shoprite despite calling off a deal to merge the two firms, he told Reuters on Monday.
* Cos decided to terminate negotiations for proposed transaction as PIC, Titan and Steinhoff could not reach agreement on exchange ratio for share exchange