Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIAL.SI)
21 Oct 2016
SINGAPORE Singapore Airlines said on Saturday it has banned Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 mobile phones from all its flights and any passenger carrying one will not be allowed to board its planes.
SINGAPORE, Oct 15 Singapore Airlines said on Saturday it has banned Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 mobile phones from all its flights and any passenger carrying one will not be allowed to board its planes.
* British aero engine-maker Rolls-Royce signed a partnership deal with Microsoft Corp. to use digital technology to better interpret engine data to help airline customers cut costs
SINGAPORE, June 16 Vistara and AirAsia India, airline ventures of India's biggest conglomerate Tata Group, aim to boost their fleet sizes to 20 planes within a year and launch international services after the country overhauled aviation rules, two people familiar with their strategy said.
BRIEF-Singapore Airlines to expand U.S. operations with non-stop San Francisco flights and second daily Los Angeles service
* To expand u.s. Operations with non-stop san francisco flights and second daily los angeles service Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Airline stocks rise as national policy approved (Writes through, adds details)
SYDNEY Air New Zealand agreed to sell nearly 20 percent of Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd in a deal that adds a second Chinese conglomerate to the carrier's boardroom, stoking debate over the politics of foreign investment in a key sector.
* Deal stokes political debate on foreign ownership (Recasts throughout, adds comment, shares)
SINGAPORE Eight Asian low-cost carriers including subsidiaries of Japan's ANA Holdings Inc and Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA) have formed a landmark alliance allowing travelers to book flights across their platforms for the first time.
* Pressure on cargo business amid economic slowdown (Adds details, comments)