Sanlam Ltd (SLMJ.J)
June 23 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
JOHANNESBURG, June 23 South Africa's largest insurer Sanlam Ltd has sold its stake in Ghanaian holding company Enterprise Group's insurance business for $130 million but will retain a presence in the country, Sanlam said on Friday.
* Group maintained a resilient operational performance for first four months of 2017 financial year
* Chief Executive Officer Sanlam Personal Finance Hubert Brody will step down on May 31 to attend more closely to his other interests
JOHANNESBURG, March 9 Sanlam Ltd, South Africa's biggest life insurer, reported a 6 percent decline in annual profit on Thursday, dragged down by unfavourable currency moves and weaker returns from the equity market.
* FY ended Dec 2016 net written premium of 4.83 billion shillings versus 4.80 billion shillings year ago
* Says withdrawal of an earlier posted profit warning notice ahead of its full year results release
* Acquisition of a 53 pct stake in Brightrock Holdings Proprietary Limited
* Announce passing of Paul Bradshaw, independent non- executive director on board of directors of Sanlam who died on thursday, 12 January Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)