Sanlam Ltd (SLMJ.J)
* Chief Executive Officer Sanlam Personal Finance Hubert Brody will step down on May 31 to attend more closely to his other interests
JOHANNESBURG, March 9 Sanlam Ltd, South Africa's biggest life insurer, reported a 6 percent decline in annual profit on Thursday, dragged down by unfavourable currency moves and weaker returns from the equity market.
* FY ended Dec 2016 net written premium of 4.83 billion shillings versus 4.80 billion shillings year ago
* Says withdrawal of an earlier posted profit warning notice ahead of its full year results release
* Acquisition of a 53 pct stake in Brightrock Holdings Proprietary Limited
* Announce passing of Paul Bradshaw, independent non- executive director on board of directors of Sanlam who died on thursday, 12 January Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Sanlam acquires a further 23 pct direct stake in Shriram Life and Shriram General Insurance in India