Sony Corp (SNE.N)
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A-" – R&I
SAN FRANCISCO, March 1 Facebook Inc's virtual reality unit Oculus has cut $200 from the total price of its flagship hardware set, in a bid to expand the system's base of video game players, the company said on Wednesday.
* Says the co plans to transfer investment management of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, Ltd. to its wholly owned subsidiary Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc
* Says it will transfer the imaging products and solution business to its wholly owned subsidiary, which has been engaged in the manufacturing and sales of electron and electricity machine and equipment in Tokyo, Japan
Feb 15 Sony Corp and Murata Manufacturing Co Ltd :
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SEOUL/SYDNEY, February 03 (Fitch) Sony Corporation's (BB/Positive) strong commitment to increasing profitability through restructuring and cost-cutting will improve its credit profile over the medium to long term, although the struggling movie and smartphone businesses may delay Sony's recovery and overshadow its expanding semiconductor and solid gaming businesses in the short term, says Fitch Ratings. The company's theatrical rev
TOKYO, Feb 3 Japan's Nikkei edged down in choppy trade on Friday, as investors awaited the release of the U.S. monthly jobs report that will set the tone for the Federal Reserve's policy outlook, while bank stocks outperformed on higher yields.
TOKYO Sony Corp on Thursday said it does not plan to sell its pictures business after suffering a $1 billion writedown, and instead aims to turn it around by adding sales channels and making more use of movie characters.
* Pictures profit sacrificed during electronics turnaround -CFO (Adds CFO comments, earnings details, background)
* pictures segment unlikely to achieve earnings target in year ending March 2018
|Microsoft Corporation (MSFT.OQ)||$65.17||+0.19|
|International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N)||$174.04||+0.21|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$35.39||+0.23|
|Dell Inc. (4331.HK)||--||--|
|Nokia Corp (NOKIA.HE)||€5.01||+0.06|
|HP Inc (HPQ.N)||$17.23||0.00|
|Walt Disney Co (DIS.N)||$112.34||+0.20|
|Motorola Solutions Inc (MSI.N)||$84.12||+0.45|
|Apple Inc. (AAPL.OQ)||$141.05||+0.41|
|Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG.AS)||€29.42||-0.09|