Stockmann Oyj Abp (STCBV.HE)
HELSINKI, Sept 12 Finnish retailer Stockmann appointed its interim chief executive Lauri Veijalainen as the company's new CEO on Monday.
* Group sales in August up 0.2 pct at 86.8 million euros in continuing product areas and businesses Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
HELSINKI, Sept 12 Stockmann, the Finnish fashion and department store group, said on Monday its had appointed Lauri Veijalainen as the company's new chief executive.
* Board of Directors has appointed Lauri Veijalainen as Stockmann's new Chief Executive Officer as of Sept. 12, 2016
* Sales in July were down by 9.7 percent and amounted to 88.0 million euros ($98.01 million) in continuing product areas and businesses
* Q2 revenue 352.7 million euros ($392.8 million) (Reuters poll: 350 million euros)
* Sales in June were down by 4.6 pct and amounted to 101.0 million euros ($112.19 million) in continuing product areas and businesses
* To accelerate turnaround of loss-making Stockmann Retail division
* Stockmann group's sales in May were down by 2.7 percent and amounted to 97.7 million euros in continuing product areas and businesses Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Says sales in April were up by 26.8 percent and amounted to 118.5 million euros in continuing product areas and businesses, growth due to timing of Crazy Days campaign