Banco Santander SA (STDd.BA)
FRANKFURT Spanish bank Santander has sold control of property worth 10 billion euros ($12 billion) to U.S. investor Blackstone Group, following its rescue of Banco Popular.
FRANKFURT, Aug 9 Spanish bank Santander has sold control of property worth 10 billion euros ($12 billion) to U.S. investor Blackstone Group, following its rescue of Banco Popular.
* Expects to sell 51 pct stake in Popular property assets (Includes details on losses for Popular from news conference)
* Says has recovered some 3 billion euros ($3.51 billion) in tax credits from Banco Popular acquisition Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: ($1 = 0.8543 euros) (Reporting by Madrid Newsroom)
* Says expects net interest income to increase in the next few quarters in Spain
MADRID, July 28 Banco Santander posted on Friday a 37 percent increase in second-quarter net profit from a year earlier, in line with analysts' forecasts and boosted by a solid performance in its largest market, Brazil.
* CONCLUDES ITS CAPITAL INCREASE WITH A 8.2 TIMES DEMAND Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) BARCELONA/LONDON, July 26 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Spain-based Banco Santander, S.A.'s (Santander) Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A-' and its Viability Rating (VR) at 'a-'. The Outlook on the Long-Term IDR is Stable. The rating actions are at the end of this rating action commentary. The affirmation follows the revision of the Outlook on Spain's sovereign rating (see 'Fitch Revises Spain's Outlook to Positive; Affir
LONDON/MADRID, July 21 Spain's Banco Santander is seeking bids by next Monday for some 30 billion euros ($34.91 billion) of property assets from Banco Popular, three sources familiar with the matter said.
* Fiserv, co received letter of intent to vote in favour of deal from Banco Santander SA in respect of 108.2 million Monitise shares, or about 4.67 pct Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: