STMicroelectronics NV (STM.N)
PARIS, Oct 27 STMicroelectronics, which makes chips for Apple's iPhone 7, expects to improve its profitability in 2016 due to demand for smartphones and the increasing use of sensors in everything from cars to light fittings.
* Franco-Italian chipmaker is on track to deliver $100 million in annual cost savings from set-top box restructuring in 2016, CEO Carlo Bozotti said in analyst conference call
PARIS, Oct 27 STMicroelectronics expects improved profitability in 2016 after the Franco-Italian chipmaker reported higher third-quarter sales and profits helped by strong demand for smartphones and other connected items that use sensors.
* Q3 net revenues of $1.80 billion, up 5.5 pct sequentially and 1.9 pct year-over-year
The following factors could affect Italian markets on Monday.
* Stmicroelectronics acquires ams' nfc and rfid reader assets
* Q2 net revenues of $1.70 billion and gross margin of 33.9 pct
FRANKFURT BMW is set to announce an alliance to develop self-driving cars with collision detection specialist Mobileye and computer chip maker Intel, a source familiar with the matter said, as the race to put driverless cars on the road heats up.
PARIS, May 25 French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron criticised the management of Franco-Italian chipmaker STMicroelectronics for a dividend policy he said was not in the company's long-term interest and for an erratic communication policy.
* Signs memorandum of understanding for acquisition of French subtitling company ST'501 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
|Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI.OQ)||$63.86||+0.59|
|Broadcom Corporation (BRCM.O)||$54.67||--|
|Broadcom Corporation (BRCMB.PK)||--||--|
|SK Hynix Inc (000660.KS)||₩40,150.00||-800.00|
|International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N)||$152.86||-0.49|
|Infineon Technologies AG (IFXGn.DE)||€16.24||-0.05|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$34.94||+0.13|
|International Rectifier Corporation (IRF.N)||--||--|
|Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. (FSL.N)||--||--|
|Linear Technology Corporation (LLTC.OQ)||$60.23||+0.09|