Statoil ASA (STO.N)
27 Oct 2016
RIO DE JANEIRO, Oct 26 Norwegian oil company Statoil ASA hopes to have 10 to 15 percent of Brazil's natural gas market in coming years, Pal Eitrheim, the company's most senior executive in the country, told journalists on Wednesday.
* Oil producer Statoil Brazil CEO Pal Eitrheim says company has cut break even point on Peregrino offshore oil project to $45 a barrel from $70/bbl in 2 years
OSLO Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) asked Statoil on Wednesday to investigate whether a number of recent incidents at the oil company's facilities might be related and linked to cost cuts, a spokesman for the watchdog said.
* Its ProntoTV unit has signed its largest agreement so far for deliveries to Statoil ASA
* A final investment decision for the Trestakk oil and gas field in the Norwegian Sea is coming soon, Statoil's head of technology, Margareth Oevrum, told an energy conference in Oslo on Tuesday
RIO DE JANEIRO Brazil's oil regulator ANP will extinguish about 350 rules in 2016 as part of efforts to attract investment to Brazil by simplifying regulations after a fall in world oil prices, the agency's outgoing chief Magda Chambriard said on Monday.
The following stocks may be affected by newspaper reports and other factors on Monday:
* Valeura Energy announces execution of transformational transaction agreements in Turkey and underwritten private placement of subscription receipts
MELBOURNE/LONDON Oil major BP has scrapped plans to drill for oil and gas off the southern coast of Australia because it is too expensive in the face of low oil prices that have prompted heavy cost-cutting across the sector.
* Other oil companies also hold exploration permits (Adds analyst, share price, background)
|Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSa.AS)||€22.95||-0.26|
|Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSb.L)||2,149.00p||-21.50|
|Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM.N)||$86.92||--|
|BP plc (BP.L)||487.55p||-5.95|
|BP plc (BP_p.L)||154.55p||0.00|
|BP plc (BP_pb.L)||163.62p||0.00|
|Chevron Corporation (CVX.N)||$99.92||--|
|Total SA (TOTF.PA)||€44.08||-0.48|