Symantec Corp (SYMC.O)
24 Mar 2017
* Symantec Corp - on March 10, entered into accelerated stock repurchase agreements with financial institutions to repurchase $500 million of co's common stock
* Symantec Corp says formation of Symantec Ventures to help cyber security startups accelerate delivery of core innovation to security marketplace Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Security software provider Symantec Corp held talks to acquire FireEye Inc about six months ago, but is not currently pursuing a deal with the cyber security company, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
Feb 23 Security software provider Symantec Corp held talks to acquire FireEye Inc about six months ago, but is not currently pursuing a deal with the cyber security company, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Tiger Global Management dissolves share stake in Apple - sec filing
* Capital world investors reports a 9.4 percent passive stake in symantec corp as of dec 30, 2016 -sec filing Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2kaETOj) Further company coverage:
* Symantec Corp - Increasing financial outlook for fiscal year 2017
* Symantec Corp - to offer $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2025
Automakers under attack by Donald Trump for building cars and parts in other countries and importing them into the United States are fighting back, though quietly so as to avoid upsetting the new president. They're warning auto dealers that the Republican plan to put a "big border tax" on imports. That, they say, will raise costs for buyers and threaten dealer jobs. Reuters' Ginger Gibson and David Shepardson report.
* LifeLock Inc- on January 16, 2017, co entered into amendment No. 1 to merger agreement with Symantec Corp- sec filing