Symantec Corp (SYMC.OQ)
SAN FRANCISCO Cyber security firm Symantec Corp said on Monday it was "highly likely" a hacking group affiliated with North Korea was behind the WannaCry cyber attack this month that infected more than 300,000 computers worldwide and disrupted hospitals, banks and schools across the globe.
* Blocks 22 million attempted wannacry ransomware attacks globally
* Norton by Symantec announced that Norton Core, secure wi-fi router, is available for pre-order purchase at Amazon and Best Buy Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Symantec reports fourth quarter and fiscal year 2017 results
A federal appeals court on Friday upheld last year’s $60 million settlement of a nationwide class action over computer security company Symantec’s marketing of “download insurance” for its popular Norton anti-virus software, rejecting claims by two objectors that attorneys will pocket too much of the total.
TORONTO Hackers are demanding increasingly hefty ransoms to free computers paralyzed with viruses, as cyber criminals seek to maximize profits from large numbers of victims willing to pay up, according to cyber security firm Symantec Corp .
* Symantec Corp - has filed a second patent infringement lawsuit against Zscaler, Inc. In U.S. Federal district court for district of delaware
* Making pre-breach cybersecurity services from Symantec Corp. available to eligible Travelers cyber policyholders Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SAN FRANCISCO Past cyber attacks on scores of organizations around the world were conducted with top-secret hacking tools that were exposed recently by the Web publisher Wikileaks, the security researcher Symantec Corp said on Monday.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 10 Past cyber attacks on scores of organizations around the world were conducted with top-secret hacking tools that were exposed recently by the Web publisher Wikileaks, the security researcher Symantec Corp said on Monday.