Symantec Corp (SYMC.OQ)
24 Feb 2017
Security software provider Symantec Corp held talks to acquire FireEye Inc about six months ago, but is not currently pursuing a deal with the cyber security company, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
Feb 23 Security software provider Symantec Corp held talks to acquire FireEye Inc about six months ago, but is not currently pursuing a deal with the cyber security company, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Tiger Global Management dissolves share stake in Apple - sec filing
* Capital world investors reports a 9.4 percent passive stake in symantec corp as of dec 30, 2016 -sec filing Source text for Eikon: (http://bit.ly/2kaETOj) Further company coverage:
* Symantec Corp - Increasing financial outlook for fiscal year 2017
* Symantec Corp - to offer $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2025
Automakers under attack by Donald Trump for building cars and parts in other countries and importing them into the United States are fighting back, though quietly so as to avoid upsetting the new president. They're warning auto dealers that the Republican plan to put a "big border tax" on imports. That, they say, will raise costs for buyers and threaten dealer jobs. Reuters' Ginger Gibson and David Shepardson report.
* LifeLock Inc- on January 16, 2017, co entered into amendment No. 1 to merger agreement with Symantec Corp- sec filing
* Lifelock-Will be required to pay Symantec termination fee of $87.5 million if the merger agreement is terminated under certain circumstances-SEC filing
Symantec Corp said it would acquire U.S. identity theft protection services company LifeLock Inc for $2.3 billion, in a deal that it hopes will prop up sales at its Norton cybersecurity unit.