Synaptics Inc (SYNA.OQ)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$3,183.59|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||36.02|
NOTE TO SUBSCRIBERS: Reuters is converting some short-form coverage of hot stocks, including Market Pulse, into the new Stocks Buzz product. From June 16, items that were previously published only as a compilation will be published as standalone items featuring the BUZZ tag. They will also be accessible via the STXBZ news code. A collated version will continue to appear on the WATCH/US named-item code under the headline "BUZZ-U.S. stocks on the move".
- Touchscreen chipmaker Synaptics Inc Chief Executive Rick Bergman said he would be 'thrilled' to win back Apple Inc as a customer after agreeing to buy the sole supplier of display driver chips for the iPhone.
- Touchscreen chipmaker Synaptics Inc said it would buy the sole supplier of display chips for the iPhone for $475 million, potentially winning back Apple Inc as a customer.
* To buy Renesas SP Drivers Inc from Renesas Electronics, Sharp
June 10 - Touchscreen chipmaker Synaptics Inc said it agreed to buy Japanese display chipmaker Renesas SP Drivers Inc for $475 million to expand its product offerings.
* Renesas SP Driver is chip supplier for Apple iPhone screens
TOKYO - Renesas Electronics Corp plans to sell its majority stake in a maker of iPhone display chips to Synaptics Inc, another smartphone chip supplier, according to sources familiar with the matter.
TOKYO, May 27 - Renesas Electronics Corp plans to sell its majority stake in a maker of iPhone display chips to Synaptics Inc, another smartphone chip supplier, according to sources familiar with the matter.
- The growing popularity of using fingerprints to unlock mobile phones and other devices is expected to drive growth at Synaptics Inc , which makes the chips enabling the technology popularized by Apple Inc's iPhone 5S.
* Could have 80 pct market share in fingerprint ID business-analyst
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Jefferson Research Financial Sonar Report. A detailed analysis of the current fundamental performance of SYNAPTICS INC including Earnings Quality, Cash Flow Quality, Operating Efficiency, Balance Sheet Quality and Valuation.
Provider: Jefferson Research
Provider: Wright Reports
"The Economy Matters" Report for SYNA: the economy's impact on SYNA's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: Pechala's Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.