Telenor ASA (TELNF.PK)
21 Jul 2017
* Miners rally as China GDP strong (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon, see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* Shares up 8 pct to highest since Nov. 26, 2015 (Adds detail on cost-cutting)
LONDON European shares nudged higher on Monday, though trading was characterized by thin volumes as a busy few weeks of earnings reports from top regional and U.S. firms gets underway.
* Miners rally as China GDP strong (Adds detail and quotes, updates prices)
LONDON, July 17 European shares nudged higher in early deals on Monday, though trading was characterized by thin volumes as a busy few weeks of earnings reports from top regional and U.S. firms gets underway.
OSLO, July 17 Norwegian telecoms firm Telenor raised its outlook for 2017 earnings margins on Monday and posted second-quarter operating results above forecasts as it squeezed more margins from all its divisions.
* BASED ON 14 JULY 2017 CLOSING SHARE PRICE OF NOK 142.70 BUYBACK PROGRAMME REPRESENTS A RETURN OF NOK 4.3 BILLION TO SHAREHOLDERS.
* TELENOR Q2 REVENUES NOK 31.5 BILLION (REUTERS POLL NOK 31.18 BILLION)
* dtac q2 ebitda before items nok 1,972 million versus 1,541 million (Reuters poll 1,628 mln)
* Telenor's Grameenphone q2 ebitda before items nok 2,102 million versus 1,609 million