TJX Companies Inc (TJX)
22 May 2017
NEW YORK The S&P 500 and the Dow ended Tuesday's session flat after mixed economic data and retail earnings, while the Nasdaq had another record close with help from technology stocks. | Video
* Dow down 0.01 pct, S&P down 0.07 pct, Nasdaq up 0.3 pct (Updates to close, adds commentary)
* Dow down 0.04 pct, S&P down 0.14 pct, Nasdaq up 0.17 pct (Updates to late afternoon, changes byline)
TJX Cos Inc , the owner of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stores, posted its slowest comparable-store sales growth in more than 10 quarters and forecast a disappointing current-quarter profit, adding to the gloom in the retail industry.
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct in early trading (Adds details, analyst comment; Updates shares)
May 16 TJX Cos Inc, the owner of off-price chains T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, on Tuesday posted its slowest comparable-store sales growth in more than 10 quarters, adding to the gloom in the retail industry.
* TJX Companies Inc - announces 20% increase in common stock dividend
By Robert Iafolla A federal judge has rejected an $8.5 million deal to settle class-action claims against three TJX Company Inc retail chains in California for allegedly violating state wage law with its employee bag-check policy.
* TJX Cos - Q4 EPS growth negatively impacted by 3 percent due to wage increases and 5 percent due to foreign currency and transactional foreign exchange -conf call
TJX Cos Inc , the operator of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stores, reported better-than-expected profit and comparable store sales, as its discounted offerings attracted shoppers during the holiday season.