Telstra Corporation Ltd (TLS.AX)
23 Feb 2017
* Telstra has sold its remaining 6.5 per cent interest in chinese online business Autohome to Ping An Insurance Group
Feb 16 Australian shares fell into the red after touching a 21-month high on Thursday, as gains from financials were offset by telecom stocks, which pulled back after Telstra Corp's profit decline.
* New investments slow to replace falling traditional income (Adds quotes, shares price move)
* Telstra today reconfirmed fy17 guidance of mid to high-single digit income growth and low to mid- single digit ebitda growth
SYDNEY, Feb 16 Australia's largest telecoms company, Telstra Corporation Ltd, on Thursday posted an unexpected 11.8 percent fall in first-half profit, dragged down by falling revenues for its mainstay fixed-line and mobile telephone business.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SYDNEY, February 10 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Telstra Corporation Limited's Long-Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and senior unsecured rating at 'A'. The Outlook on the IDR is Stable. The Short-Term IDR and the commercial paper rating have been affirmed at 'F1'. At the same time, Fitch has chosen to withdraw the ratings of Telstra for commercial reasons. KEY RATING DRIVERS Weak Metrics, Lower Headroom: Fitch expects Telstr
SYDNEY The ability of Australian telecoms company Telstra Corporation to offset the fall in its traditional revenue streams by diversifying into a range of technology and other businesses is in doubt.
* agreed changes to its commercial terms with strategic partner, Telstra
* "Estimate that migration associated with moving to NBN will be approximately 20 per cent of total receipts"
* Telstra has chosen technicolor to develop two new home gateways designed to deliver improved broadband and wi-fi experiences for Telstra customers Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)