Travelers Companies Inc (TRV)
17 May 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$32,699.46|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||376.42|
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc said it would look to raise rates across all its businesses to counter perennially low interest rates and uncertain weather conditions.
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc's quarterly operating profit surpassed market estimates as catastrophe losses declined and the insurer was able to charge higher premiums, sending its shares up 4 percent before the bell.
NEW YORK, April 23 - Travelers Companies Inc : * Up 3.7 percent in premarket trading after results
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
April 23 - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a higher first-quarter profit, helped by a decline in natural disaster losses and rising insurance rates.
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc's quarterly profit handily beat Wall Street expectations as it charged more for insurance coverage while holding on to its customers, sending its shares up as much as 5 percent to an all-time high.
* Operating earnings $0.72 per share vs est $0.14 per share
Jan 22 - Property insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a lower quarterly profit, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
Dec 19 - Fitch Ratings has affirmed its ratings on The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV), as follows: --Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A+'; --Senior unsecured notes at 'A'; --Subordinated notes at 'BBB+'; --Insurer financial strength (IFS) on insurance company subsidiaries at 'AA'. A full list of rating actions follows below. The Rating Outlooks are Stable. TRV's ratings continue to be founded on its strong competitive position as a top five U.S. property/casualty insurer with a h
- Travelers Cos Inc said its preliminary estimate of net losses from superstorm Sandy was about $650 million after tax.
|The Chubb Corporation (CB.N)||$89.88||+0.01|
|OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (OB.N)||$13.80||-0.02|
|Allianz SE (ALVG.DE)||€119.60||+0.85|
|American International Group Inc (AIG.N)||$45.23||+0.32|
|American International Group Inc (AVF)||€5.60||-0.01|
|American International Group Inc (AIG_pa.N)||--||--|
|American International Group Inc (AFF.N)||$25.53||+0.01|
|Liberty Mutual Agency Corp (LMAC.OQ)||--||--|
|Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG.N)||$31.16||+0.37|
|W.R. Berkley Corporation (WRB.N)||$42.58||+0.22|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
Provider: Wright Reports
Provider: Market Edge
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.