Travelers Companies Inc (TRV)
21 Oct 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$31,594.80|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||339.00|
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a better-than-expected rise in quarterly operating profit, helped by higher net investment income and a fall in disaster-related losses.
Oct 21 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 6 percent rise in quarterly net profit, helped by higher net investment income and a fall in disaster-related losses.
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court ordered Travelers Cos Inc to pay more than $500 million to thousands of asbestos victims in a case stemming from the insurer's coverage of Johns-Manville Corp, an insulation maker that spent six years in bankruptcy during the 1980s.
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a steeper-than-expected fall in quarterly operating profit, hurt by bigger catastrophe losses and a slowing pace of premium rate increases.
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct (Adds CEO quote, analysts' comments, conference call details, court ruling)
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court on Tuesday said Travelers Cos should pay more than $500 million to satisfy asbestos-related claims stemming from its coverage of policyholder Johns-Manville Corp, reversing a lower court ruling.
July 22 - * U.S. appeals court reinstates order directing Travelers cos to pay
July 22 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 26 percent drop in quarterly net profit as catastrophe losses rose.
* Futures up: Dow 6 pts, S&P 0.7 pt, Nasdaq 2.25 pts (Adds McDonald's results)
- U.S. property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 17 percent rise in first-quarter profit, helped by higher underwriting gains and an increase in net investment income.
|Allianz SE (ALVG.DE)||€126.15||-0.60|
|American International Group Inc (AIG.N)||$52.15||+1.14|
|American International Group Inc (AIG_pa.N)||--||--|
|American International Group Inc (AVF)||€8.20||+0.30|
|American International Group Inc (AFF)||€5.78||+0.08|
|Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG.N)||$36.99||+0.54|
|Loews Corporation (L.N)||$42.29||+0.80|
|The Chubb Corporation (CB.N)||$94.02||+1.05|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC.N)||$51.37||+0.81|
|Liberty Mutual Agency Corp (LMAC.OQ)||--||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (TRV). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
"The Economy Matters" Report for TRV: the economy's impact on TRV's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.