Tesco PLC (TSCO.L)
LONDON Britain's biggest retailer Tesco is in advanced talks with the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) over a plea deal that would involve it paying a large fine over its 2014 profit overstatement, Sky news said on Saturday.
LONDON, March 25 Britain's biggest retailer Tesco is in advanced talks with the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) over a plea deal that would involve it paying a large fine over its 2014 profit overstatement, Sky news said on Saturday.
* Trevor Masters, CEO Tesco International, will leave business at end of May.
* Secures 70 million lira ($19.20 million) loan from Rabobank
* Sees 2017 consolidated sales growth target at 30 - 35 percent versus 2016 (target including Tesco Kipa 10-month results)
LONDON, March 7 British grocery inflation has doubled since February, with the price of food staples including butter, tea and fish all rising, industry data showed on Tuesday.
LONDON, March 6 The hefty savings that can be made by reducing food waste are one of the factors behind Tesco's 3.7 billion pound ($4.5 billion) takeover offer for wholesaler Booker, the British supermarket chain's chief executive says.
* All local regulatory approvals have been secured and disposal of Kipa was duly completed on 01 March 2017. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Completes acquisition of 95.50 percent of Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama
Wal-Mart Stores Inc is running a new price-comparison test in at least 1,200 U.S. stores and squeezing packaged goods suppliers in a bid to close a pricing gap with German-based discount grocery chain Aldi and other U.S. rivals like Kroger Co , according to four sources familiar with the moves. | Video