Universal American Corp (UAM.N)
2 Dec 2016
Insurer WellCare Health Plans Inc said on Thursday it would buy smaller rival Universal American Corp for about $600 million to bolster its Medicare Advantage business, which offers insurance to elderly and disabled Americans.
* Analysts see WellCare as an attractive Plan B takeout target
* Transaction is expected to be funded by Wellcare through available cash on hand
Nov 17 Health insurer WellCare Health Plans Inc said on Thursday it would buy smaller peer Universal American Corp for about $600 million.
* Q3 earnings per share $0.83 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.06 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Perry Corp dissolves stake in Universal American Corp as of June 27, 2016 - SEC filing
* Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe X Lp Dissolves Stake In Universal American Corp As Of June 27 - Sec filing
BRIEF-Universal American announces pricing of $100 mln private offering of convertible senior notes and stock repurchase
* Announces pricing of $100 million private offering of convertible senior notes and stock repurchase
* Intention to offer up to $100 million principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2021