UCB SA (UCB.BR)
26 Jun 2017
Amgen Inc and UCB SA no longer expect their experimental osteoporosis drug to win U.S. approval this year after a higher rate of serious heart-related side effects were observed in a late-stage clinical trial.
* UCB shares drop 18 pct, Amgen shares down 2 pct (Adds Amgen, UCB, Radius Health share moves)
* Positive CHMP opinion for Cimzia electronic injection device
* Q1 immunology/Cimzia sales 317 million euros ($344 million) versus 281 million euros year ago
* And Q-state biosciences form research collaboration to develop novel therapeutics for genetic subtypes of epilepsy
A federal judge has denied a former UCB SA executive's request to keep a whistleblower lawsuit he filed against the drug company under seal, rejecting his argument that he may face retaliation from his new employer once his identity becomes public.
* Announced on Saturday that new Cimzia (Certolizumab Pegol) demonstrated statistically and clinically significant improvements for patients with moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis
BRUSSELS, Feb 23 Belgian pharmaceutical group UCB forecast on Thursday revenues and core profit would continue to grow in 2017 after sales of all of its key drugs were above analysts' expectations in 2016.
* Reports FY revenue of 4.18 billion euros ($4.42 billion) versus 4.12 billion euros in Reuters poll
BRIEF-UCB files Briviact CV in US as monotherapy treatment for adult epilepsy patients with partial-onset seizures
* UCB files Briviact (brivaracetam) CV in the US as monotherapy treatment for adult epilepsy patients with partial-onset seizures Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)