United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOBH.SI)
18 Aug 2017
SINGAPORE Singapore's United Overseas Bank posted a 5.5 percent increase in its second-quarter net profit, largely boosted by growth in net interest income and fee and commission income.
SINGAPORE, July 28 Singapore's United Overseas Bank posted a 5.5 percent increase in its second-quarter net profit, largely boosted by growth in net interest income and fee and commission income.
BRIEF-United Overseas Bank appoints Michael Lien Jown Leam as non- independent non-executive director
* Appoints Messrs Alexander Charles Hungate, Wong Kan Seng And Alvin Yeo Khirn Hai as independent non-executive directors
* Proposed Merger Of Far Eastern Bank Limited Into United Overseas Bank Limited
SINGAPORE/ZURICH Singapore's central bank has fined Credit Suisse and United Overseas Bank (UOB) a total of S$1.6 million ($1.2 million) for breaching anti-money laundering rules in transactions related to Malaysia's scandal-ridden state fund 1MDB.
* MAS says imposed total fines of S$29.1 mln on 8 banks (Adds comment from lawyer, Swiss financial watchdog FINMA)
* "UOB believes that new non-performing loans and specific allowances from oil and gas sector should be lower in 2017 than in 2016"
SINGAPORE, April 28 Singapore's United Overseas Bank posted a 5.4 percent rise in quarterly net profit on Friday, driven by higher net interest income and trading income.
* Qtrly net profit after tax S$807 million versus S$766 million a year ago
* Announces cessation of Wong Meng Meng as director Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: