Western Digital Corp (WDC.O)
17 Jan 2017
* Toshiba says considering memory biz spin-off, nothing decided
TOKYO Toshiba Corp is in talks to sell a minority stake in its flash memory business to U.S. chips business partner Western Digital Corp in a bid to boost its capital base, a source briefed on the discussions said on Wednesday.
TOKYO, Jan 18 Toshiba Corp is in talks to sell a minority stake in its flash memory business to U.S. chips business partner Western Digital Corp in a bid to boost its capital base, a source briefed on the discussions said on Wednesday.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp is looking to spin off its semiconductor business assets and sell a roughly 20 percent stake in the unit to Western Digital Corp for up to $2.7 billion, the Nikkei business daily reported on Wednesday.
Jan 18 Toshiba Corp is considering spinning off its semiconductor business and selling a partial stake in the unit to Western Digital Corp, the Nikkei financial daily reported on Wednesday.
* Toshiba is considering spinning off semiconductor operations and selling a partial stake to Western Digital of the U.S. - Nikkei
BRIEF-Western digital announced commencement of an exchange offer for all of outstanding 10.500% senior notes due 2024
* Western digital corporation commences registered exchange offer for its 10.500% senior notes due 2024
BRIEF-Avnet expands distribution agreement with Western Digital into China to help meet growing data challenges
* Avnet inc - to offer hgst-branded products and solutions in china, products will be available through Avnet global computing components business unit
* Western digital announces financial results for first fiscal quarter 2017
* Says CEO Stephen D. Milligan FY 2016 total compensation $10.5 million versus $11.7 million in FY 2015 - SEC filing
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS)||₩1,852,000.00||+4,000.00|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005935.KS)||₩1,474,000.00||-2,000.00|
|Toshiba Corp (6502.T)||¥287||+5.40|
|Intel Corporation (INTC.OQ)||$36.80||+0.01|
|Seagate Technology PLC (STX.OQ)||$37.02||+0.12|
|Micron Technology, Inc. (MU.OQ)||$21.74||-0.44|
|HGST Technologies Santa Ana Inc (STEC.OQ)||--||--|