Wendys Co (WEN.OQ)
8 Dec 2016
Wendy's Co reported higher-than-expected quarterly sales as more diners visited the burger chain's outlets, despite a fall in grocery prices that has encouraged people to eat at home.
* Co lifts FY adj profit forecast by 1 cent (Adds CEO quote from conf call, bullets, updates shares)
* Qtrly same-restaurant sales increased 1.4 percent at North America system restaurants in Q3 of 2016
Nov 9 U.S. burger chain Wendy's Co reported higher-than-expected quarterly sales as more diners visited its restaurants.
* The Estée Lauder Companies fiscal 2017 first quarter net sales rose in line with expectations, EPS exceeds guidance
* Wendys -arrival of Wendy's in Brazil is result of joint venture between infinity services, starboard and a subsidiary of Wendys Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* The Wendy's Company names E.J. Wunsch general counsel and secretary Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* francesca's reports second quarter fiscal year 2016 financial results
* CEO on a conference call says most notable driver behind sales slowdown appears to be continued gap between cost of eating at home and cost of dining out
Burger chain Wendy's Co reported lower-than-expected quarterly comparable sales on Wednesday as a fall in grocery prices encouraged more diners to eat at home, sending the company's shares down as much as 8 percent.