Wesfarmers Ltd (WES.AX)
9 Dec 2016
* Coles has agreed to enter into a ten year agreement with Citi
* Comes as coal prices soar, asset values rise (Adds quotes, broadens context)
BRIEF-Wesfarmers clarifies on media speculation regarding potential sale of all or part of its coal assets
* Notes media speculation regarding a potential sale of all or part of its coal assets
SYDNEY, Nov 16 Australia's Wesfarmers Ltd on Wednesday said it was evaluating options for its coal mining division following a media report that it was up for sale.
* Wesfarmers said to start $1.5 billion Australian coal mine sale - Bloomberg, citing sources
Oct 26 Australian shares closed lower on Wednesday after dropping to a near one-month low earlier in the day, dragged down by financials and consumer staples after retail giant Wesfarmers took a hit on dour quarterly sales.
SYDNEY, Oct 26 Shares in Australian retail and resources conglomerate Wesfarmers suffered their biggest fall in seven years on Wednesday, hit by weaker-than-expected quarterly sales in its Coles supermarket division.
* Headline food and liquor sales for q1 were $7.9 billion, up 2.9 per cent
SYDNEY, Sept 30 Australian supermarket giant Woolworths Ltd on Friday said it is considering offers to buy its petrol station chain in a deal said to be worth more than $1 billion, extending an asset sell-off as it shores up its core grocery business.
BRIEF-Wesfarmers announces allocation price for shares to be issued through dividend investment plan
* Allocation price for shares to be issued through dividend investment plan for final dividend is $42.8651