Woolworths Holdings Ltd (WHLJ.J)
JOHANNESBURG, Jan 12 South Africa's upmarket retailer Woolworths Holdings expects first-half profit to be between 2.5 percent to 7.5 percent lower, the company said in a trading update on Thursday.
* Group sales for first 26 weeks of 2017 financial year increased by 6.7 pct compared to prior year.
* Group sales for first 19 weeks of 2017 financial year increased by 8.9 pct
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 5 South Africa's Woolworths Holdings plans to buy Australian men's fashion brand Politix through its subsidiary, Country Road Group, the retailer said on Wednesday.
* Entered deal to buy Politix; proposed acquisition to be funded through internal resources, is expected to EPS accretive Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Appointment of Scott Fyfe as chief executive officer of its australian subsidiary CRG
* Sale of Market Street property in Sydney and relocation of David Jones head office