Wilmar International Ltd (WLMIF.PK)
14 Aug 2017
* Posts weaker performance in tropical oils, sugar segments (Adds outlook, milestone, CEO quote)
SINGAPORE, Aug 10 Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd turned in a profit in the second quarter as its oilseeds and grains segment recovered from losses in the year-ago period, although the results were hurt by weaker tropical oils and sugar businesses.
* Qtrly revenue $10.60 billion versus $9.37 billion a year ago
* entered into a subscription agreement with Narendra Murkumbi and his affiliates and srsl to facilitate an additional investment
* Wilmar to infuse $120 million to raise stake in Shree Renuka Sugars - CNBC TV18
* Says it plans to set up a joint venture (JV) in order to advance plant-based surfactant business with the Wilmar International Limited Group, a major Singapore-headquartered agribusiness group, in Singapore
SINGAPORE, May 12 Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd, which is considering spinning off its China business, is looking to list it in Shanghai to boost its profile on the mainland and potentially pave the way for deals.
* Tropical oils, oilseeds, grains businesses boost results (Adds details on China operations, comments from statement)
* Qtrly net profit $361.56 million versus $239.4 million a year ago
SINGAPORE Singapore's Wilmar International Ltd , the world's largest palm oil processor, posted a 51 percent rise in its first-quarter profit, helped by its tropical oils as well as oilseeds and grains businesses.