VCA Inc (WOOF.O)
27 Feb 2017
* Q4 earnings per share view $0.60 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Jan 10The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Jan 9 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
Candy and pet food conglomerate Mars Inc is buying veterinary hospital operator VCA Inc for $7.7 billion in a deal that will give the maker of Pedigree pet food an even bigger share of the $4 billion global pet healthcare market. | Video
Jan 9 Candy and pet food conglomerate Mars Inc is buying veterinary hospital operator VCA Inc for $7.7 billion in a deal that will give the maker of Pedigree pet food an even bigger share of the $4 billion global pet healthcare market.
* Dow down 0.29 pct, S&P down 0.22 pct, Nasdaq up 0.14 pct (Updates to open)
* VCA - upon termination of merger with MMI Holdings by co or MMI Holdings under certain circumstances, termination fee of $275 million to be payable by co Source text: (http://bit.ly/2iVzZDi) Further company coverage:
* Futures: Dow down 48 pts, S&P down 3.25 pts, Nasdaq up 1.5 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Vca inc - deal for approximately $9.1 billion including $1.4 billion in outstanding debt
Jan 9 Candy and pet food maker Mars Inc said it would buy VCA Inc, which runs hospitals for animals, for $7.7 billion.