VCA Inc (WOOF.OQ)
20 Jan 2017
Jan 10The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Jan 9 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
Candy and pet food conglomerate Mars Inc is buying veterinary hospital operator VCA Inc for $7.7 billion in a deal that will give the maker of Pedigree pet food an even bigger share of the $4 billion global pet healthcare market. | Video
Jan 9 Candy and pet food conglomerate Mars Inc is buying veterinary hospital operator VCA Inc for $7.7 billion in a deal that will give the maker of Pedigree pet food an even bigger share of the $4 billion global pet healthcare market.
* Dow down 0.29 pct, S&P down 0.22 pct, Nasdaq up 0.14 pct (Updates to open)
* VCA - upon termination of merger with MMI Holdings by co or MMI Holdings under certain circumstances, termination fee of $275 million to be payable by co Source text: (http://bit.ly/2iVzZDi) Further company coverage:
* Futures: Dow down 48 pts, S&P down 3.25 pts, Nasdaq up 1.5 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Vca inc - deal for approximately $9.1 billion including $1.4 billion in outstanding debt
Jan 9 Candy and pet food maker Mars Inc said it would buy VCA Inc, which runs hospitals for animals, for $7.7 billion.
* VCA Inc. Reports third quarter 2016 results and re-affirms financial guidance for 2016