Whitbread PLC (WTB.L)
22 Feb 2017
* Costa Coffee sales prove bright spot (Adds CEO quote, details)
Jan 26 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 13 to 18 points, or as much as 0.3 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
Jan 26 Whitbread Plc posted a 8.6 percent rise in total sales for the third quarter as underlying sales at its Costa Coffee chain strengthened due to new advertising and promotional campaigns.
* On track to deliver full year results in line with expectations
* Announces today it has completed two sale and leaseback transactions on Prime London Hotels
* We will outline our investment in business and provide examples of our cost efficiency programme
Nov 2 Millennium & Copthorne Hotels reported a 28 percent rise in third-quarter profits on Wednesday, boosted by the slump in sterling after Britain voted to leave the European Union which had also attracted more tourists to its London hotels.
* Rocky patch ahead in short-term - analyst (Adds CEO, analyst comments)
Oct 25 Britain's Whitbread Plc said its first-half profit rose 5.4 percent, helped by growing demand at its Premier Inn hotels and the Costa Coffee chain.