Recent Business News
MADRID - Brazil's antitrust watchdog has given Telefonica 18 months to comply with a ruling to loosen its grip on the Brazilian mobile market, sources said, time which may help the Spanish group ward off a growing rebellion over its strategy.
DUBAI/ISTANBUL - Qatari-backed broadcaster Al Jazeera is considering a bid for a majority stake in Turkish pay-TV company Digiturk to boost its soccer offering ahead of the 2022 World Cup finals in Qatar, banking sources familiar with the plans said on Wednesday.
BEIJING - A Chinese bitcoin exchange platform announced on Wednesday that it had stopped taking Chinese yuan deposits, sending the price of the virtual currency down sharply as China broadened its crackdown on domestic bitcoin trading.
TAIPEI - China Mobile Ltd said it's still in talks with Apple Inc to sell iPhones amid mounting industry speculation that the pair are about to announce a deal to net the technology giant hundreds of millions of potential new customers.
The US Labor Department reported that the Consumer Price Index (CPI), used to measure inflation, was flat in November compared to the previous month.
- Syrian government forces bomb Aleppo
- Ireland’s economy: the bailout is gone, but the economy is far from healthy
- Where Obamacare enrollment stands in each state
- The good news/tentative bad news on the U.S. economy
- UPDATED: GM’s new CEO is another small crack in the glass ceiling
- 2013: a stock picker’s market