BRUSSELS - NATO on Tuesday rejected Moscow's explanation that its warplanes violated the air space of alliance member Turkey at the weekend by mistake and said Russia was sending more ground troops to Syria and building up its naval presence. | Video
- Afghan hospital 'mistakenly struck'; strike decision made within U.S. chain of command: general |
- Big U.S. firms hold $2.1 trillion overseas to avoid taxes: study |
- Europe-U.S. data transfer deal used by thousands of firms is ruled invalid
- Ex-U.N. General Assembly president, five others charged in U.S. in bribe scheme
Recent Top News
- The Community College of Philadelphia was on lockdown on Tuesday following reports of a person with a weapon on campus, police said.
WASHINGTON - Federal safety investigators traveled to Florida on Tuesday to investigate the U.S. container ship lost at sea after being hit by powerful Hurricane Joaquin, leaving one person confirmed dead and 32 others missing. | Video
NAVAL AIR STATION SIGONELLA, Italy - Russia moved on Tuesday to resume military talks with the United States aimed at setting rules for air-to-air conduct over Syria, a U.S. official said, as the former Cold War foes carry out parallel, uncoordinated campaigns of air strikes.
STOCKHOLM/LONDON - A Japanese and a Canadian scientist won the 2015 Nobel Prize for Physics on Tuesday for discovering that elusive subatomic particles called neutrinos have mass, opening a new window onto the fundamental nature of the universe. | Video
- Fourteen people have died in South Carolina amid historic rainfall in the state in recent days, Governor Nikki Haley said on Tuesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas plans on Tuesday to execute a man who was convicted of fatally shooting a recently arrived Mexican immigrant in the head and robbing him of $8.
ADEN, Yemen - Islamic State in Yemen on Tuesday claimed coordinated suicide bombings targeting the Yemeni government and the Arab military coalition in the southern city of Aden that killed 15 Arab and Yemeni troops. | Video