WASHINGTON/JANESVILLE, Wis. - A leading Republican congressman with allies on the right wing of the party, Paul Ryan, is weighing a bid to replace retiring U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, fellow lawmakers said on Friday as they sought to defuse a leadership battle. | Video
- Exclusive: U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still in place
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian city of Aleppo; U.S. abandons rebel training effort |
- Exclusive: GE nears deal to sell over $30 billion of loans to Wells Fargo - source
- China completes construction of lighthouses in disputed South China Sea
Recent Top News
- Just days before she will take the stage in the first Democratic debate, Hillary Clinton's lead over rival Bernie Sanders has narrowed, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.
- Dell Inc is planning to use equity in cloud software company VMware Inc to help pay for its acquisition of EMC Corp in a deal valuing the data storage company at more than $55 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
DETROIT - U.S. union United Auto Workers' leaders on Friday approved a tentative four-year contract with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV , sending the proposed agreement to 40,000 workers for a ratification vote.
PHOENIX - An 18-year-old student killed a classmate and wounded three other students when he opened fire during a confrontation on the campus of Northern Arizona University early on Friday, in the latest shooting to hit a U.S. school, authorities said. | Video
NEW YORK/MILWAUKEE - Two influential Federal Reserve policymakers on Friday reinforced Fed Chair Janet Yellen's message that an interest rate hike is coming by year's end.
HOUSTON - One person was fatally shot on Friday and another person was wounded in a shooting an apartment complex adjacent to the campus of Texas Southern University in Houston, and two suspects have been taken into custody, the school said. | Video
WASHINGTON - France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Britain and the United States on Friday endorsed a national unity government in Libya as proposed by the United Nations to end the conflict between two rival governments in the war-torn country.