BRUSSELS - NATO on Tuesday rejected Moscow's explanation that its warplanes violated the air space of alliance member Turkey at the weekend by mistake and said Russia was sending more ground troops to Syria and building up its naval presence. | Video
- Top U.S. general calls Afghan hospital strike a mistake made within U.S. command chain |
- Europe-U.S. data transfer deal used by thousands of firms is ruled invalid
- Big U.S. firms hold $2.1 trillion overseas to avoid taxes: study |
- Ex-U.N. General Assembly president, five others charged in U.S. in bribe scheme |
Recent Top News
WASHINGTON - U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that he is confident his administration will be able to win approval from Congress for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal.
- A suspect is in custody after reports of a person with a weapon put the Community College of Philadelphia on lockdown on Tuesday morning, police said. | Video
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Deep waters may complicate efforts to find out what happened to a U.S. container ship lost at sea during Hurricane Joaquin, a federal safety investigator said on Tuesday, as a search and rescue mission for 32 missing crew stretched into a sixth day. | Video
NAVAL AIR STATION SIGONELLA, Italy - Russia moved on Tuesday to resume military talks with the United States aimed at setting rules for air-to-air conduct over Syria, a U.S. official said, as the former Cold War foes carry out parallel, uncoordinated campaigns of air strikes.
STOCKHOLM/LONDON - A Japanese and a Canadian scientist won the 2015 Nobel Prize for Physics on Tuesday for discovering that elusive subatomic particles called neutrinos have mass, opening a new window onto the fundamental nature of the universe. | Video
- Fourteen people have died amid historic rainfall in South Carolina, the state's governor said on Tuesday, as residents grappled with the damage wrought by flooding on their homes, roads and water supply. | Video
BEIRUT - Syrian state television and a monitoring group said on Tuesday that Russian jets hit Islamic State targets in the Syrian city of Palmyra and the northern province of Aleppo, in some of the heaviest Russian attacks on the hardline Islamist group.